Homemade Body Lotion recipe
This organic, homemade natural body lotion recipe is infused with natural shea butter, beeswax and nourishing oils. Perfect for hydrating dry skin, this moisturizing lotion is easy-to-make and smells delicious. Treat yourself – or give as a gift! Here’s how to make it.
- 1 tsp of beeswax
- 1 tsp of shea butter
- 2 tsp of coconut oil
- 4 tsp of olive oil
- 2-3 drops of essential oils
How to make a lotion
- In a small saucepan, heat the shea butter and beeswax over a low heat until melted.
- When the shea butter and beeswax are completely melted, remove the saucepan from the heat, and add in the coconut and olive oil.
- Stir well to combine the all ingredients together. Add in the optional essential oils.
- As the mixture cools, it will start to thicken. Once cool, pour into your container of choice. I like to use glass mason jars.
- Apply as you would your usual body lotion. This homemade lotion is very nourishing so you should find that a little goes a long way.
- Store homemade body lotion in a cool, dry space and use within one month